Friday, October 28, 2011

All-TIME 100 Songs


Some days ago, Time Techland was so nice and included me in its list of Spotify users you should add now. It's the first (and probably the last) time that someone allows me in the same club with Snoop Dogg, Trent Reznor and Sean Parker. As you know, I'm not only incredibly handsome, friendly, intelligent and gifted with sublime musical tastes (e.g. Heroes del Silencio). I'm a pure british gentleman, too. Even if I'm italian. So I want to show all my respect and gratitude to Time's staff (and Techland's Wagstaff) with this little Spotify version of their recent All-TIME 100 Songs. Some unexpected choices in it (Madonna's Borderline), at least One unforgivable exclusion (U2!), the usual we-are-in-every-list-of-this-planet-but-not-on-Spotify guys (Beatles, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Arcade Fire...). But, well, 93% of songs are available! Thank you again... and enjoy. :o)


Stay in touch with the new playlists!
Follow Spotirama on Twitter and Facebook
 


ALL-TIME 100 SONGS
Source: Time
Songs available on Spotify: 93/100 (93%)

1920s
Al Jolson – My Mammy
Paul Robeson – Ol' Man River (from Show Boat)
Bessie Smith – St Louis Blues
The Carter Family – Wildwood Flower

1930
Ethel Merman – I Got Rhythm
Cab Calloway – Minnie The Moocher (The Ho-De-Ho Song)
Duke Ellington – It Don't Mean a Thing
Louis Armstrong – Stardust
Fred Astaire – Cheek To Cheek
Ray Heatherton - Where or When
Judy Garland – Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Billie Holiday – Strange Fruit

1940s
Woody Guthrie – This Land is Your Land
Lena Horne – Stormy Weather
The Andrew Sisters – Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
Spike Jones – Der Fuehrer's Face
Bing Crosby – White Christmas
Betty Hutton – It Had To Be You
Mahalia Jackson – Move On Up A Little Higher
Hank Williams – Cold, Cold Heart
Ella Fitzgerald – Baby, It's Cold Outside
Doris Day – Sentimental Journey

1950s
Johny Cash – Folsom Prison Blues
Les Paul – How High The Moon
Kitty Wells – It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels
Elvis Presley – Jailhouse Rock
Odetta – Take This Hammer
Little Richard – Tutti Frutti
Frank Sinatra – I've Got You Under My Skin
Buddy Holly – That'll Be The Day
Chuck Berry – Johnny B. Goode
Ray Charles – What I'd Say

1960s
Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues
Patsy Cline – Crazy
Roy Orbison – Crying
The Ronettes – Be My Baby
The Beatles - I Wanna Hold Your Hand
Astrud Gilberto (with Stan Getz & João Gilberto)  – The Girl From Ipanema
The Supremes – Where Did Our Love Go
The Beach Boys – God Only Knows
Aretha Franklin – I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)
Marvin Gaye – I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Band – The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Big Mama Thornton – Ball And Chain
Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
The Rolling Stones – Gimme Shelter
Crosby, Stills & Nash – Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
Otis Redding – I've Been Loving You Too Long

1970s
The Melodians – Rivers Of Babylon
James Brown – (Get Up I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine, Pt. 1
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
Black Sabbath – Iron Man
Joni Mitchell – A Case Of You
The Who – Baba O'Riley
Stevie Wonder – Superstition
Dolly Parton – Jolene
Big Star – September Gurls
Bonnie Raitt – Angel From Montgomery
Fela Kuti – Zombie
Bruce Springsteen – Thunder Road
Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
Donna Summer – I Feel Love
Bee Gees – Stayin' Alive
David Bowie – Heroes
Ramones – I Wanna Be Sedated
Fleetwood Mac – Dreams
Peter Tosh – Equal Rights
Funkadelic – One Nation Under A Groove
The Velvet Underground – Rock & Roll
Loretta Lynn – Coal Miner's Daughter

1980s
Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
George Jones – He Stopped Loving Her Today
Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
New Order – Blue Monday
Prince & The Revolution – Kiss
Metallica - Master of Puppets
R.E.M. – It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
Lucinda Williams – Pineola
Public Enemy – Fight The Power
Madonna – Borderline

1990s
Sinéad O'Connor – Nothing Compares 2 U
Pet Shop Boys – Being Boring
Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit
Richard Thompson – 1952 Vincent Black Lightning
Wu-Tang Clan – C.R.E.A.M.
A Tribe Called Quest – Scenario
The Notorious B.I.G. – Juicy
2Pac – California Love
Pulp – Common People (Full Length Version / Album Version)
Radiohead – Paranoid Android

2000s
Missy Elliott – Get Ur Freak On
OutKast – Hey Ya! (Radio Mix/Club Mix)
Jay-Z – 99 Problems
Arcade Fire - Wake Up
Kanye West – Gold Digger (feat. Jamie Foxx)
Lil Wayne - Georgia... Bush
LCD Soundsystem – All My Friends
Beyoncé – Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
Lady Gaga – Bad Romance

2010s
Janelle Monae – Tightrope (feat. Big Boi)

Listen to it on Spotify: HTTP, URI. (SR0744)

No comments:

Post a Comment