Tuesday, November 19, 2013

MOJO 20 - Best of 1993-2012 (Top20 & Top100 albums, voted by readers)


Sometimes you meet a list that mirrors who you are. It doesn't happen very often. Here at Spotirama, it's easier that I make playlists based on artist/genres I don't know or that just marginally/partially fit with my preferences. This is one of the rare occasions I do like (and feel musically represented by) almost all the music I put in a playlist. Thanks to Mojo, the brit magazine, that just turned 20 and published a special issue celebrating the event.

Some lists are in the magazine. The first one collects The 20 Greatest Albums of Mojo's Lifetime, as voted by readers. The second one includes the runners up, too: 100 albums, five per year. I spotified them: just one album is missing from the Top 20 (In Rainbows by Radiohead, #14), while five more are out of the big one: Wrecking Ball (Emmylou Harris), Rounds (Four Tet),  Sometimes, I Wish I Was An Eagle (Bill Callahan), Have One On Me (Joanna Newsom) and El Camino (Black Keys). 

I do love this music, especially albums from the 1990s (most of them I voraciously consumed in the pre-Internet era). 

Happy birthday Mojo... and enjoy.


TOP 20 ALBUMS OF MOJO's LIFETIME
(1993-2012, voted by readers, ranked from #20 to #1)
(source & full list: Mojo)




100 ALBUMS THAT SHOOK THE LAST 20 YEARS
(voted by Mojo readers, chronologically from 1993 to 2012)
(source & full list: Rocklist.net)




Stay in touch with the new playlists!
Follow Spotirama on Twitter and Facebook
 


No comments:

Post a Comment